Verona was included in the UNESCO's World Heritage List in the year 2000 due to its important historical buildings. In the city centre of Verona you can find a huge number of well-preserved monuments dating from the Roman times, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance period. Among these we would like to mention:
- The Roman Amphitheatre called “Arena”
- the Roman Theatre and the Stone Bridge
- Castelvecchio (Old Castle) and the Medieval Bridge
- Piazza delle Erbe (Market Square) and Piazza dei Signori
- San Zeno Church and many churches in the city centre
- the City walls and their gates
All these monuments can be easily reached on foot from the apartment.
Arena Opera Festival
Verona Trade Fairs & Exhibitions
Verona Tourist information
Interactive guided tours
Verona by the locals
Verona is an outstanding example of an Italian city that has been constantly and progressively developing for over 2.000 years.